YWCA is currently looking for a Part Time Shelter Assistant to join our team working mostly evening, night and weekend shifts. The Shelter Assistant will admit women and children into the shelter and ensure the safety and security of residents.
- Female (BFOQ)
- High school graduate. 2 years college in related human service filed or equivalent education/experience is required.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Training or experience with working in crisis intervention
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of domestic violence, homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependence, and child development issues is essential. Knowledge of community resources is helpful
- Meet all background check requirements.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.