YWCA is recruiting a Full-Time Volunteer and Donations Coordinator to work 32 hours per week Monday - Friday.
The Volunteer and Donations Coordinator will provide meaningful opportunities for volunteers, help volunteers feel connected to YWCA’s mission, coordinate donations of in-kind goods, and support the day-to-day functions of YWCA Cass Clay.
- Manage the development of YWCA’s Volunteer Program including, but not limited to volunteer recruitment, orientation, position descriptions, schedules, and recognition and retention.
- Foster relationships between YWCA and community members.
- Promptly respond to volunteer and donation information requests.
- Manage and maintain volunteer database, including data entry of volunteer records for grant statistics.
- Communicate with team members about volunteer project expectations and goals.
- Represent the YWCA at events, including speaking engagements, booth fairs, and community volunteer groups.
- Participate in and help organize volunteers for YWCA events.
- Coordinate volunteers for Cherries for Charity and serve as on-call for an entire week.
- Coordinate community donation drives with YWCA Development Team and community members.
- Provide internal oversight and management of donations.
- Manage the organization’s Urgent Needs and Amazon Wishlist.
- Process donations including accepting, sorting, and organizing as needed.
- Assist in maintaining all donation areas.
Other Job Duties
- Provide administrative support for YWCA Emergency Shelter as needed.
- Demonstrate professionalism and respect for the confidentiality of all programs and participants.
- Maintains safety and security by following YWCA safety procedures.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required.
- Provide current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or 2 years experience in Communications, Business, or related field.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Suite.
- Meets all background requirements.
- Current driver’s license and proof of insurance with insurable driving record.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay; eliminating racism and empowering women.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. While performing the responsibilities for this position, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend, push, carry and drive frequently. The employee will also be required to twist at waist, squat, kneel, stoop, crouch and reach overhead occasionally. Standing in place and sitting at desk for prolonged periods of time are performed occasionally. Repetitive keying, data entry, wrist motion, and reaching above shoulders are performed frequently. Lifting up to 40 lbs. from shoulder to overhead is occasional, carrying and pulling up to 75 lbs. is performed frequently and pushing up to 75 lbs. is performed frequently.
The description above provides the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
YWCA Cass Clay is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.