YWCA Cass Clay is currently recruiting for a School Age Lead Teacher to join our team. This position will work with the Shelter Children's Services team to promote social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children 6 weeks to 12 years old.
- Plan and implement daily developmentally appropriate lesson plans, activities and educational support which will foster literacy and promote learning for PreK+.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect and allow for individual differences. Provide an atmosphere of acceptance and caring for each child.
- Supervise, interact, and have personal contact with each child in childcare daily.
- Coordinate the Study Buddies program, an after-school and summer youth program for school-aged children residing at the Shelter and Housing program.
- Advocate and advise Shelter staff through written and oral communication as to the needs and concerns of the children or families.
- Transport children to and from school or YWCA Shelter Children Services activities, as necessary.
- Observe confidentiality of children, parents, and programs.
- Assist with the implementation of licensing standards within the childcare program.
- Maintain an open and professional relationship with all families and staff.
- Work with Shelter Children’s Services team members to address daily department needs.
- Assist with Shelter Children’s Services annual events.
- Ensure accurate daily, weekly, and monthly records are maintained.
- Assist Children Services Manager with school registration, parent meetings, and other school related tasks.
- Act as a mandated reporter in the incidence of child abuse or neglect.
- Attend Shelter staff meetings as necessary.
- Provide proof of annual required training hours.
- Provide current certification in CPR and first-aid.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required.
- Cross training and support in all areas of Emergency Shelter
- Other duties as assigned.
- CDA, associates, or bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Must comply with all state licensing standards to include criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay; eliminating racism and empowering women.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. While performing the responsibilities for this position, the employee is required to sit, stand, twist at waist, carry, stoop and crouch frequently, walk and bend continually, and climb stairs, climb, push, squat, kneel, reach overhead and drive occasionally. Standing in place is performed frequently. Sitting at desk, repetitive keying, data entry, wrist motion and reaching above shoulders is performed occasionally. The employee will be required to lift up to 40 lbs. from shoulder to overhead occasionally, carry up to 40 lbs. frequently and push/pull up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
The description above provides the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
YWCA Cass Clay is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.