YWCA Cass Clay is currently seeking a part-time Accounting Specialist! The Accounting Specialist supports the mission of YWCA Cass Clay and assists with daily accounting operations. This position can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries, deposits, payables, and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, and with other financial activities.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records, including accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents
- Working with accounting software
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity
- Learning how to work as part of the accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the organization
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations
- Shadowing members of the accounting department as they perform their duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have an understanding of accounting and financial principles
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Excel
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- Must have a strong desire to take on new challenges
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required
- Meet all background check requirements
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women
While performing the responsibilities for this position, the employee is required to sit, stand, and walk frequently. Standing in place and reaching above shoulders repetitively are performed occasionally and sitting at desk, repetitive keying, data entry, and wrist motion is performed frequently.
The description above provides the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.