YWCA Cass Clay is currently seeking Housing Support Specialists to provide support and advocacy to residents of Grace Garden: A YWCA Cass Clay Supported Residence while upholding the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay. Individuals must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide support and advocacy to residents as needed.
- Ensure residents are complying with leasing guidelines and procedures.
- Supply residents with necessary items such as food, clothing, etc.
- Maintain participant records.
- Perform general administrative functions such as participant logging, answering the phone and responding to in-person inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of apartments for new residents.
- Provide consistent coverage for assigned shifts, working within the team and independently to complete all shift tasks.
- Ensure security of the facility.
- Maintain cleanliness of community spaces within the building.
- Provide appropriate information and referrals to connect residents to community resources.
- Provide an immediate and professional response to any emergency or crisis at the residence.
- Maintain professionalism while interacting with community members and YWCA stakeholders.
- Attend scheduled Housing meetings.
- Sort and organize donations.
- Deliver services with safety, respect, and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Female. (BFOQ)
- High school graduate. Education and/or two years’ experience in human services or related field preferred.
- Training or experience in working in crisis intervention.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge of domestic violence, homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency and child development issues is essential. Knowledge of community resources is helpful.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required.
- Meet all background check requirements.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.