YWCA Cass Clay is currently seeking Housing Support Specialists to provide support and advocacy to residents of Grace Garden: A YWCA Cass Clay Supported Residence while upholding the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay. Individuals must be available to work at least 8 hours per month mostly evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide support and advocacy to residents as needed.
- Ensure residents are complying with leasing guidelines and procedures.
- Supply residents with necessary items such as food, clothing, etc.
- Maintain participant records.
- Perform general administrative functions such as participant logging, answering the phone and responding to in-person inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of apartments for new residents.
- Provide consistent coverage for assigned shifts, working within the team and independently to complete all shift tasks.
- Ensure security of the facility.
- Maintain cleanliness of community spaces within the building.
- Provide appropriate information and referrals to connect residents to community resources.
- Provide an immediate and professional response to any emergency or crisis at the residence.
- Maintain professionalism while interacting with community members and YWCA stakeholders.
- Attend scheduled Housing meetings.
- Sort and organize donations.
- Deliver services with safety, respect, and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Female. (BFOQ)
- High school graduate. Education and/or two years’ experience in human services or related field preferred.
- Training or experience in working in crisis intervention.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge of domestic violence, homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency and child development issues is essential. Knowledge of community resources is helpful.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required.
- Meet all background check requirements.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.
YWCA Cass Clay is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.