YWCA is currently looking for a Part-Time Shelter Support Specialist to join our team working mostly evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts. The Shelter Support Specialist will admit women and children into the shelter and ensure the safety and security of residents.
- Admit women and children to the Shelter, complete intake paperwork, and orient individuals to the YWCA Emergency Shelter and its policies.
- Ensure clients are complying with program guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure residents are supplied with necessary items (food, clothing, etc.)
- Maintain staff and participant records including admittance, daily journal, resident’s log, shelter duty checklist, child protection, and other reports as assigned.
- Ensure security of the shelter: locks, security systems, fire alarm systems, and security checklist. Respond appropriately to alarms and emergency situations, including the use of First Aid and CPR.
- Perform general administrative functions such as documentation within the communication log, answering the phone, and responding to in-person inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide appropriate information and referrals for those who need other resources.
- Provide an immediate and professional response to any emergency or disturbance within the YWCA Cass Clay.
- Provide consistent coverage for assigned shifts, working within the team and independently to complete all shift tasks.
- Attend scheduled Shelter meetings.
- Provide off-site clients with food baskets and supplies as applicable.
- Prepare sleeping rooms by cleaning and stocking.
- Sort and organize donations.
- Maintain cleanliness of shelter and general organization of shelter.
- Deliver services with safety, respect, and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Female (BFOQ)
- High school graduate. 2 years of college in a related human service field or equivalent education/experience is required.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Training or experience with working in crisis intervention
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of domestic violence, homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency, and child development issues is essential. Knowledge of community resources is helpful
- Meet all background check requirements.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.
YWCA Cass Clay is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.