YWCA Cass Clay is currently recruiting a Housing Facilitator to provide support, advocacy, and housing navigation to individuals facing homelessness. The Housing Facilitator will assist domestic violence survivors and those experiencing homelessness into housing while meeting requirements as outlined by the State of North Dakota and YWCA Cass Clay.
YWCA Cass Clay is where survivors of domestic violence come day and night to escape crisis and homelessness. In addition to operating the largest emergency shelter for women and children in ND and northwest MN, YWCA Cass Clay provides 72 units of safe and affordable supportive housing to assist women and families in gaining stability and independence. The YWCA team walks alongside women on their journey, providing crucial basics like food and clothing, and resources for education and employment as they navigate toward independence.
- Meet with participants to assess housing needs and address barriers that could impede housing.
- Thorough understanding of the North Dakota Rent Help program and other housing assistance and stability programs.
- Assist participants in applying for North Dakota Rent Help
- Schedule and conduct meetings with participants to meet their individual needs and empower them to make progress on the goals they set for themselves. Goals areas may include but are not limited to: employment, education, financial management, healthy relationships, and the needs of their children.
- Utilize assessments to develop goals and safety plans to address the individualized needs of participants.
- Monitor participant progress and communicate pertinent information to YWCA staff.
- Maintain updated records of participants and applicants.
- Connect participants to community resources to assist with rent and utilities, as well as income support and benefits.
- Understanding of Housing First, harm reduction, and trauma-informed care methodologies.
- Maintain knowledge and serve as a liaison between local housing programs, housing authorities, and landlords.
- Conduct outreach in participant homes, traveling within Cass, Trail, Steele, Barnes, Ransom, and Richland counties.
- Transport clients as necessary.
- Understand and implement North Dakota Department of Human Services contract grant objectives/guidelines.
- Submit assistance vouchers to Shelter Manager and Finance Director in a timely manner.
- Assist with reports to funders.
- Prepare statistics and other reports as necessary.
- Purchase supplies as needed and provide appropriate documentation to support the expenditures.
- Share success stories and testimonials with YWCA staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, etc).
- Understanding of individuals and families experiencing homelessness, physical and mental health conditions, addiction, domestic violence, and poverty.
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with proof of insurance and insurable record.
- Meets all background check requirements.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.
YWCA Cass Clay is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.