YWCA Cass Clay is currently recruiting a Full-Time Shelter Manager to lead and support an effective shelter team that delivers high-quality and consistent services to women and children escaping violence, trafficking, and homelessness 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Train, coach, and supervise a high-performing Shelter team.
- Maintain open communication with team members through one-on-one meetings.
- The ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner.
- Maintain Shelter program documents and communicate effectively with staff as changes are made.
- Assist Shelter Supervisor in the creation of monthly staff schedule, providing 24-hour coverage.
- Facilitate and support the professional growth of team members.
- Manage the collection of participant data, record keeping, outcome tracking, and meeting reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate the distribution of community resources to YWCA participants.
- Build partnerships with community agencies and maintain resource guides.
- Educate and advocate on behalf of the organization and the individuals served in community settings.
- Represent YWCA Cass Clay by providing shelter tours and serving on community committees.
- Effectively convey information within the team members and across the organization.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Client Service Delivery
- Ensure the shelter team intakes and orients women and children to YWCA Shelter following organizational guidelines.
- Respects and appreciates diversity and treats all people fairly.
- Ensure security of the shelter by appropriately responding to phone, door buzzers, locks, security systems, fire alarm systems and security checklist.
- Carry a case load of shelter participants if necessitated by staffing levels.
- Lead the delivery of YWCA’s Rapid Rehousing and Homeless Prevention Programs.
- Lead the delivery of YWCA’s Human Trafficking Safe Harbor Program.
Other Job Duties
- Participate in the OnCall rotation.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required.
- Provide current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Female (BFOQ)
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences (i.e. social work, CDFS, sociology, criminal justice, human services). At least two years of experience in providing case management services.
- Understanding unique challenges for those experiencing domestic violence, homelessness, human trafficking, mental illness, chemical dependence, and child development issues is essential.
- Experience in case management, including motivational interviewing, harm reduction, and trauma informed care.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work.
- Meets all background check requirements.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. While performing the responsibilities for this position, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend, push, carry and drive frequently. The employee will also be required to twist at waist, squat, kneel, stoop, crouch and reach overhead occasionally. Standing in place and sitting at desk for prolonged periods of time are performed occasionally. Repetitive keying, data entry, wrist motion, and reaching above shoulders are performed frequently. Lifting up to 20 lbs. from shoulder to overhead is occasional, carrying and pulling up to 75 lbs. is performed frequently and pushing up to 40 lbs. is performed frequently.
The description above provides the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
YWCA Cass Clay is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.