YWCA Cass Clay is currently hiring a Full-Time Evening Shelter Support Specialist to assist with daily shelter operations. The hours of this position are 5pm - 1am, Monday - Friday. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Benefits, PTO, and paid holidays are included. This position is eligible for a night shift differential.
- Admit women and children to the Shelter, complete intake paperwork, and orient individuals to the YWCA Emergency Shelter and its policies.
- Ensure clients are complying with program guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure residents are supplied with necessary items (food, clothing, etc.)
- Maintain staff and participant records including admittance, daily journal, resident’s log, shelter duty checklist, child protection, and other reports as assigned.
- Ensure security of the shelter: locks, security systems, fire alarm systems, and security checklist. Respond appropriately to alarms and emergency situations, including the use of First Aid and CPR.
- Performs general administrative functions such as documentation within the communication log, answering the phone, and responding to in-person inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Provides appropriate information and referrals for those who need other resources.
- Provide an immediate and professional response to any emergency or disturbance within the YWCA Cass Clay.
- Provides consistent coverage for assigned shifts, working within the team and independently to complete all shift tasks.
- Attend scheduled Shelter meetings.
- Provide off-site clients with food baskets and supplies as applicable.
- Prepare sleeping rooms by cleaning and stocking.
- Sorting and organizing donations.
- Maintain cleanliness of shelter and general organization of shelter.
- Delivers services with safety, respect, and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Female (BFOQ)
- High school graduate. 2 years of college in a related human service field or equivalent education/experience is required.
- Training or experience in working in crisis intervention.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of domestic violence, homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency, and child development issues is essential. Knowledge of community resources is helpful.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is required.
- Meet all background check requirements.
- An understanding of, appreciation for, and support of the mission of the YWCA Cass Clay, which is eliminating racism and empowering women.
YWCA Cass Clay is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.